"Baby" Border #1Designed for you by, SHARON MURPHY, Crafts1@mail.com Copyright ©1999-2000 S.A.M., All rights reserved. June 5th, 2000
·One sheet of 12x12 or Mint Green cardstock (if using a CM Album trim to fit page before decorating.)
·One sheet 8½ x11 White cardstock
·One Sheet 8½ x 11 Light Blue Parchment Cardstock (If doing a girls page you may want to use a light pink cardstock.)
·Provo Craft Acid Free "Baby" Rub On Transfers #48-8202 (You can also substitute "Baby" letter stickers here and add your own punches or stickers to embellish letters.)
·Blue Ink pad or Blue Chalk (Pink if you are doing a girls page.)
·Sponge Dauber to use with ink or chalks
·Decorative scissors to create lace looking edge
·1/8 inch circle punch
·Glue stick or photo splits
·Wet wipes to clean dauber
1. Make sure your 12 x 12 page fits the page protector before starting or fits on a Creative Memories ® page if you use Creative Memories Albums.
2. Take Decorative scissors and trim all four sides of the edge of the Mint Green cardstock.
3. Take the Sponge Dauber and dab into the blue ink pad or blue chalk and gently rub the edge of your cardstock. You can go over the edge again if you want a darker shade. Clean Dauber on wet wipe unless you decide to use to decorate the other edges of your layout.
4. Trim the white cardstock on all four edges with the same decorative scissors.
5. Take the 1/8 circle punch and punch circles about 1.2 inch apart along the decorative edge you just cut. (Tip: use a pencil and mark a dot evenly along every other hump if you used a lace looking scissors similar to the one here. Flip your punch over so you can see the dot to punch evenly along the edge.)
6. Cut your Blue (or Pink) cardstock to fit about ½ inch inside the white border you just made, careful not to cover the holes you just punched on your white cardstock. Trim edge with the decorative scissors. (if adding the blue edge effect with the ink and dauber, youll want to do this step next before mounting on white.)
7. Mount your blue (or pink) cardstock onto the white cardstock with glue stick or photo splits.
8. Cut out the Baby letters, safety pins and pacifiers from your Provo Craft Rub On Transfers if using them. Before mounting them in place, lay them out on your layout the way you wish your layout to look. I mounted the white cardstock about ¼ to ½ inch in from the right edge and then placed the "BABY" lettering along the left edge. On the edge of the white and blue cardstock I placed the other pieces, one on each corner and then one centered in between each one of those. Using the remaining pieces at the top and bottom of the Baby letters.
9. If you are satisfied with where you placed the Baby pieces and embellishments. Rub into place.
10. Your page is now ready for pictures and journaling.Hope you have enjoyed this border design. I know I have enjoyed designing it and sharing it with all of you!
You can see many other border designs I created by visiting my Scrappers Hideaway Website athttp://www.4murfs.com/scrappershideaway/homepage.shtml
Please Note: This idea may be used for your personal scrapbooking pages. If you use any of my border designs to teach in your classes, I ask that you contact me for permission and please give credit where credit is due. This border along with any other of my borders I created may not be reproduced or copied to publish in any idea books or placed on any Web sites. But you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to add a link linking to my Website from your Website. Thank you for your cooperation.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."